1. For Epic players specifically, if you are experiencing an Access Violation 0x887a00005 error or Dx12-ErrorCode : 0x8007000e crash, please try running the DEATH STRANDING .exe file from the actual game folder where you installed it instead of starting it from the Epic Games launcher. If you are still running into issues, right-click on the .exe file and run it in Administrator Mode.
2. Many users have reported that if they are overclocking their hardware in their BIOS or using applications such as MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision X1, or Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (XTU), lowering or returning their hardware to stock settings have eliminated crashes (particularly Access Violation (Worker #) types).
3. We have also received multiple reports that players remedied crashes by deactivating and reactivating their on-board Realtek audio driver by going to Device Manager > Sound... > right-click on Realtek device > Uninstall device. After the device has been uninstalled, select Action in the menu bar and select "Scan for hardware changes" to add the device again:
Always be sure that your PC's hardware, including your motherboard BIOS and all of its components, are updated with the latest drivers.
4. Be sure that your copy of Windows 10 is updated with the latest x64 version of the Visual C++ Redistributable from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads
5. Certain other third-party antivirus software, ransomware/malware monitoring apps, streaming software, and other system tools can result in Access Violation crashes. Please try disabling these applications one-by-one to see if you can pinpoint which, if any, programs are causing the error.
6. Make sure that your copy of Windows 10 is completely up-to-date and that you are on version 1909 or later. You can check this in System Settings > About > Windows Specifications:
7. Your CPU and/or GPU may also be older and not support all the features required of DEATH STRANDING. Please ensure that your CPU and GPU are at least of the same generation/age or newer than the minimum requirements outlined below. CPUs require AVX instruction set support, and GPUs require full DirectX 12 compatibility.
- OS: Windows® 10
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3470 or AMD Ryzen™ 3 1200
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 1050 3 GB or AMD Radeon™ RX 560 4 GB
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 80 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX compatible
- Additional Notes: AVX instruction set required
8. Please disable any overlays (such as those found in the Steam and Discord apps), which may cause black screen crashes and other undesirable behavior with the game.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article