October 2020 Update: Due to a bug, certain content from the retail disc version of Control Ultimate Edition is not being downloaded and installed properly. A workaround for the issue has been identified, so please follow these steps to ensure all content gets installed on your console:
- After the disc installation is complete, go to "My Games & Apps", highlight Control, press the Menu button, and select "Manage Games and Add-Ons"
- Select Control (observe game size is only 17GB) and unselect the Control Base Game check box (it will now show "Will remove")
- Select "Save Changes" and the Control Base Game will be uninstalled
- With the game disc still inserted, launch the Store on your Xbox, go to the Control game page, and select "Install"
- Once the game is installed, confirm the new game size is about 42GB by checking the "Manage Games and Add-Ons" instructions above
- Start the game, and you will now be able to access all game content beyond the Elevator
We are currently working on a permanent fix and will notify our players via support tickets and social media channels once this occurs. Thank you for your patience and we appreciate your support of Control Ultimate Edition!
The Xbox One version of Control Ultimate Edition requires that additional content be downloaded in the background, which is required to play the game (which includes both The Foundation and AWE expansions). This is independent of any patches and updates that are listed in the Xbox Dashboard and are done while the game is running.
This process can take around 30 minutes up to several hours, depending on the speed of your internet connection and other factors, such as download speeds, wi-fi quality, or connection speed with Xbox servers. Please ensure that your Xbox One is connected to the internet and that the connection quality does not show any problems:
Once this process is complete, an internet connection is no longer required to play Control Ultimate Edition.
If you continue to experience problems with the content not being installed, please reach out to us here by submitting a ticket via the link at the top of this page and we will be happy to assist you.