If your game is crashing or hanging up during the legacy save conversion process, the team has discovered a workaround that is effective for the majority of players. Please make sure that you follow these steps precisely and do not skip anything.
- PS4 Settings -> Application Saved Data Management -> Saved Data in System Storage -> Upload the SYSTEM file (Select Terraria) to the cloud or USB drive (as a backup)
- Delete the SYSTEM file in the System Storage (keep the USB/Cloud Backup)
- Restart the game.
Do let us know if this does or does not work for you as it helps inform the eventual fix. Sending us a copy of your saved data helps us reproduce these issues and can help us pinpoint the differences that may be causing these issues. If you’re encountering issues please use the instructions below to send us your save data.
As we mentioned above a lot of the issues reported were not encountered by our testing. Sending us a copy of your saved data helps us reproduce these issues and can help us pinpoint the differences that may be causing these issues. If you’re encountering issues please use the instructions below to send us your save data.
1. Insert a formatted USB stick into any open USB port on your console. For each console, follow these instructions, where ‘save data’ means your Terraria saves:
2. Once your save data is copied to the USB drive, insert the drive into your PC. Take the ‘PS4’ folder and compress it using your favorite file compression program.
3. Go to https://uploadfiles.io/. Follow the on-screen interface to attach the save game file for transfer. Enter email@example.com as the destination address.
4. One last thing before you hit “Transfer,” please include your email address in the message field as well as an overview of the issue you’re encountering. This will allow us to tie it to specific bugs that are being reported through our bug support form. Please be as specific as you can, and also include your PSN name so we can match it up with any bugs that have been reported in other channels. We may reach out to you for additional details.