Here are some troubleshooting steps to follow for PS3 and PS4 players:
PS3 / Restore File System and Rebuild Database
1. Turn off the PlayStation 3 by touching and holding the Power button until you hear three beeps and the system will power off (Power light is red)
2. Touch and hold the Power button again until you've heard 2 beeps and a quick double beep
3. "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button." will appear on screen
4. Select "Restore File System". This will attempt to repair all areas on the hard disk drive where files can be saved. Corrupted data may be erased if it cannot be recovered.
5. Select "Rebuild Database"
PS4 / Rebuild Database
1. Turn off the PlayStation 4 by pressing the power button on the front panel. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off
2. Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another 7 seconds later
3. Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller
4. Select "Rebuild Database" from the menu. This scans the drive and creates a new database of all content
NOTE: If after trying the above steps, you are still having issues, you will have to try the following to get back into the game:
PS3 / Delete Game Data / Re-Install
1. Select "Game" (controller shape in XMB)
2. Select "Game Data Utility"
3. Highlight the content
4. Press "Triangle" and select "DELETE"
5. Reinstall the game.
PS4 / Delete Game Data / Re-Install
1. Select "Settings"
2. Select "System Storage Management"
3. Select "Applications"
4. Highlight the game
5. Press the "OPTIONS" button on the controller
6. Select "Delete"
7. Reinstall the game.
Please keep in mind that you should not lose any of your save data.